I know I haven’t posted in a while, but today I decided to do a post. I created two different eye makeup looks that are both very colorful. I love practicing by doing new makeup looks on other people and my cousins Kelley and Meghan were nice enough to let me do makeup to them.
1) Daytime look
I created a more natural makeup look for day on Kelley by applying a shimmery goldish champagne color all over the lid with a dark, emerald green in the crease and a deeper green in the outer corner. I would wear this look to school or just during the day when I want a break from my usual, neutral colors and want to try something a little different.
1. First, apply a base or primer to make the shadow last longer.
2. Next, apply a champagne or light gold shadow all over the lid with a large, flat shadow brush. Apply the shadow to the inner corners as well.
3. Then, apply an dark, forest green to the crease with a crease brush.
4. Finally, apply a deeper green to the outer corner. Blend it all together with a blending brush. Apply the same color to the lower lash line with the tip of the first brush.
2) Ocean inspired Blue and Purple Look for night
This look is more dramatic and is perfect for night time. It would look great as a different look for a party. I applied a pale purple base to Meghan’s lid to start. Then, I dusted a turquoise color to the inner half of the eye and a medium blue to the outer half. Finally, I applied a purple shadow to the crease and a navy blue color to the outer corner.
How to get the look:
1. Apply a light purple base to the lid. I used the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Oyster.
2. Next, dust a turquoise shadow onto the inner half of the lid with a large flat brush. Using the same brush, apply a pale aqua color to the inner corners.
3. Then, apply a medium blue shadow to the outer half of the lid with the same brush.
4. After that, apply a purple shade to the crease with a crease brush.
5. Finally, apply a navy blue shadow to the outer corner and apply the purple shade to the lower lash line using the tip of the first brush.
6. Apply a thin layer of black liquid liner to the upper lash line and apply black mascara to the lashes.
For both looks, I used my Coastal Scents 88 Ultra Shimmer Palette, which you can buy here for $19.95. I love this palette because of all the colors, the pigmentation, and the price. Comment below if you would like me to do a review.
Base: NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Oyster, buy here for $4.50