Since Halloween is coming up, I thought I would do a post on an idea for a costume. Marilyn Monroe is definitely an icon and makes for a cool halloween costume. I went online and looked for real clothes (not costumes) to find a look that you can wear again for a party. Just add a platinum wig, red lips, and a cat eye and you’re ready to go.
$50 – victoriassecret.com
$19 – buycostumes.com
$8.99 – target.com
$7.19 – drugstore.com
$6.78 – drugstore.com
How to: Marilyn’s Makeup
1) Apply your normal foundation and concealer
2) Prime your eye lids
3) Using black liquid liner, first draw a thin line as close to the lash line as possible.
4) Next, go back over the line, gradually increasing the thickness as you get towards the outer corner.
5) To get the cat eye effect, draw a wing upwards towards your brow and fill it in so that it extends from the line.
6) Apply a matte peach or rose blush to the apples of your cheeks.
7) First, apply lip balm.
8) Then, line lips with red lip liner and fill them in.
9) Using a lip brush, apply red lipstick to lips.
10) Using a concealer brush, outline the lips so that they don’t bleed.
Hope you liked this Halloween post. Let me know if you want me to do more of them. What are you dressing up as for Halloween this year?