I’m sorry I haven’t done a post in a while, I’ve just been super busy with school and everything else! Anyway, I will try to be better about posting more often. You may already know this but I’m totally OBSESSED with the 60s-hair, makeup, fashion, everything, so I decided to do a makeup tutorial from that era. I’m focusing on the 60s mod eye makeup look popularized by Edie Sedgwick and Twiggy. The look is bold with white all over the lid and a ton of black in the crease and as liner. Top it off with a thick layer of false lashes and plenty of mascara on the lower lashes!
Above: Edie Sedgwick in her signature makeup look
Above: Twiggy’s classic look
Above: Sienna Miller as Edie Sedgwick in Factory Girl
How to get the look:
1. Use a white eye shadow base all over the lid (I used NYX jumbo eye pencil in milk.)
2. Sweep shimmery white eye shadow over base. (I used Mac eyeshadow in Phloooof! )
3. Outline the crease and just above crease with black pencil. (I used NYX jumbo in coffee bean.)
4. Using a pencil brush, go over the crease outline with black eye shadow and smudge it out a little.
5. Line the upper lash line with black liquid liner and wing it out just a little bit. Draw a thick line.
6. Using a black eye pencil or shadow and brush, line the lower lash line. You can go over this with black liquid liner if you want to make it pop a little more.
7. Swipe on a bunch of coats of black mascara to the upper and lower lashes.
8. Optional: Apply false lashes for a more dramatic look (I did this for the picture above.)
9. Apply foundation and concealer/powder as usual. Go for more of a matte finish to stay true to the look.
10. Use just a little bronzer to contour the cheeks.
11. Apply a nude or pinky-nude lipstick (again it’s best if this is matte).
I think this look would be perfect for a party or night out. Since there are a lot of holiday parties now, try this out for a different look than the staple smokey eye.
Hope you liked this tutorial, let me know what you think!