So since the holidays are approaching quickly, I decided to do a post on how to wear sparkles, since they remind me of the holidays and are perfect for parties and New Year’s Eve! They can be a little tricky to pull off, but with these tips and picks, you’ll be able to look totally glam in these festive pieces.
1. Pair with black: Sparkles (in any color) look great with black. For example, pair a sequin gold tank with a black motorcycle jacket, leggings, and black booties. It makes the glitter a whole lot more wearable.
2. Pair with classic styles-sparkles can easily look over the top, so make sure to mix them in with classic items like a white button down shirt and a sequin mini or an LBD with crazy sequin heels!
3. For a less formal look, pair a glittery piece with something warm and cozy-like a sequin tank and a chunky open cardigan. You CAN wear that sparkly holiday top to school (or to anything else during the day for that matter)!
4. Stick to just ONE sparkly piece-shoes, bag, skirt, top OR dress (not all at once).
5. For a subtler look, wear sparkly gold nail polish or a sequin headband. You’ll look festive, not tacky!
Get the Look: 10 Fab, Festive Finds under Fifty!
$45 – charlotterusse.com
$23 – forever21.com
$30 – forever21.com
$28 – forever21.com
$25 – forever21.com
$15 – modcloth.com
$20 – bananarepublic.gap.com
$35 – thelimited.com
$2.80 – forever21.com
$35 – modcloth.com